The Ravenna Chamber of Commerce got its start in 1907, when business leaders recognized the need to promote and market our community.
Back then, Ravenna's population was nearing the 5,000 mark needed to attain "city" status. Industry and businesses alike were prospering in Ravenna, a community some believed stood poised to become the "most advantageously located shipping point in the state."
In 1914 the "Board of Trade" gave way to the current Ravenna Chamber of Commerce, with 135 charter members, many of which had been active in the Board of Trade.
One hundred years later, the Chamber of Commerce remains 150 members strong and maintains an active presence in the community. While many of the original members are gone, the mission of the Chamber remains - to promote and market the Ravenna Area for the betterment of the community.
The Ravenna Area Chamber of Commerce exists:
The Ravenna Chamber of Commerce Office is located on Main Street in historic downtown Ravenna.
We welcome you to stop in and visit us at:
135 East Main Street
Or call us at: